Friday, March 10, 2006

Class Books

Today was my last day in kindergarten. I feel I did not incorporate technology as much as I could have or should have. I did however leave the class with two class books. One was a creative writing type book the students made during rodeo week. They each received a page which said, "It used to be a bandana, but now it's a _________." We had covered cowboy gear and many uses of the bandanas for cowboy and the day before they were to complete their page we brainstormed other uses for a bandana. They each got a triangular piece of bandana to use in their pictures. The new uses included a dog bandana, girl's shirt, the roof of a house, the door to a house, a butterfly's wing, and a spider's body. The other class book the students made came from a math lesson. The students were learning about measurement. They measured each other using stars and I took a digital picture of each one. I was able to print their pictures in color and they attached it to a page which read, "________ is ____ stars long!" I also put the pictures into a PowerPoint presentation. I had a student present the books to the class and each student took turns reading their page. The books were then placed in the reading center which all the students take a turn visiting about every 6th day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home